Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Well the weekend started on Friday with my last day of school for this school year! We had field day and Emma came with Kendra and the daycare kids to enjoy the morning and watch the older kids. Of course Emma slept through the first half and then I stole her away to visit some teachers inside for the second half----then I had to give her up so I could go back to work! So I am finished with my part-time reading teacher job! It is sad---I have enjoyed the part-time and the reading..... much less stress this year, but life will go on! Maybe I can go back to reading in the future, we will see! Enough about me......... Josh flew home from Texas on Saturday to spend the weekend with us. He doesn't have to load until Wednesday so he decided to come home. Having a little fun with daddy......Emma LOVES showers!
If you can't tell....her shirt says "Daddy Rocks"
On Monday morning we made our way to Ft. Logan cemetery. Josh and I do this every year on Memorial day. We go and visit my grandparents' grave sites and Josh's brother's site. I also think it is important to remember what the day is all about (not just a day off from work!). It is neat to see all of the flags at each grave stone.
Later in the day we had a few friends and family over for a BBQ---another first for Emma! The weather was rainy, but we enjoyed some good food and company!
Today (Tuesday) we had to take Daddy and Auntie Anna to the airport to go back to Texas to go back to work :( ....but we will see daddy again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment