Monday, June 1, 2009

Emma and I had a busy week, but I am lacking in the picture department! Last week was my official first week of summer, though I did go in Friday to help with testing at school---I was out of the there by 12:30, so it wasn't bad (and I got paid for it!).
While Josh was still here we started on solids. Emma started the with rice cereal and finished the week off with bananas. I figured we would start her a little earlier than 6 months, since I am home now for 6 weeks, this will give us lots of practice and experience before heading back to daycare full-time. She's catching on pretty quickly....not that I have anything to compare it to. I had Destiny, but when she came she was an expert at eating!
On Thursday Emma and I headed up north to meet up with Susan and Jack. We started at story time at a library by her house. That was fun, we sang songs, heard a story, and danced. I think Emma just loved looking at all the kids. There were kids from 6 weeks all the way to 5 years old, fun times! After the library we headed to Susan's house for some yummy lunch and then we went swimming for the first time! Hard to get pics and hold her in the pool at the same time.....so I have no pics of Emma in her cute suit, maybe next time Susan and I will have a third person with us to take pics. Emma loved it. We were in the baby pool and the water was warm, so Emma just lounged. I think she was getting a bit sleepy, so she just laid there, if I had had a little raft for her I think she would have gone to sleep. Once Jack and Emma had enough (about 45 min) we headed back to Susan's house. I think both kiddos were in their strollers for about 30 seconds before they fell asleep! On Saturday we headed to Essence's pre-school graduation. It was very cute! Emma slept through the first half, but caught the second half when Essence got her "diploma". We got some lunch after that and then headed home for the rest of the evening. Sunday was church, laundry, errands, and lounging at home. Emma is officially rolling over! I am going to say Friday was the first day she did it by herself. I was in the kitchen and I heard her fussing (she was on the floor in the living room), when I went to see what she was doing she was on her belly! She was mad because she hasn't quite figured out how to get back onto her back----I am sure a few more days and she'll figure that part out! On Sunday while playing she kept rolling over, then I would roll her back, then she would roll over, and I would roll her back.....you get the picture! This went on for a while...........

No comments:

Post a Comment