Thursday, December 3, 2009

32 Years Old and 2 weeks old

Happy Birthday to Me! It was a very quiet day. We stayed home and did nothing! It was too cold to go out anywhere. We started the day out with some pancakes (which I had to make) and then finished the day with a yummy (very fancy....) spaghetti dinner (which I had to make as well). One day Emma and Kaylee will be old enough to make me breakfast in bed...right? Anyway, Josh is off working so it was just us girls. I had a lot of nice birthday phone calls and posts on facebook. I'm wondering though....when was it that birthdays became just another day????
Also, early yesterday morning Kaylee turned 2 weeks old! She celebrated by staying up a little later than normal, but her big sister Emma slept ALL the way through the night. She usually gets up once (after about 5-6 hours) to eat. I've been bad though and I'll just make her a bottle, cuddle with her for a minute and put her back in bed (with the bottle!). I know you are not suppose to do that...but I need my sleep! And she DOES drink the bottle, in the morning it is gone, so she must be hungry?!?! If she gets up again though...I've been giving her tough love and letting her cry...the first night she cried on and off for 25 minutes, but two nights ago...less than 5 minute and of course last night, NOTHING not a bottle or any word from her until 6:15.
On to a couple of pics....
My lovely dinner companions! Look at Emma trying to use her fork! Kaylee sitting with me wondering when she can have spaghetti! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday...again. Sorry you had to cook for yourself. I should've come to cook for you. I'm so glad to hear Emma slept all night for you...I can't imagine having to get up with two babies every night, night after night. Eek!

    I Love Kaylee's bow. This girl thing is so fun...hey, I know you changed your blog to "Emma and Kaylee's world" but I'm thinking you need to do a fancy logo and a play on the Warner Brothers thing for those two Warner Sisters you've got there.

    ReplyDelete