Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Time, Summer Time...Sum Sum Summer Time!

So I am not off track yet....but the weather is nice now and so we have been getting in to the summer spirit around here. I have 8 days of work left and then off for almost 5 weeks. This is not a great picture of Miss Emma....she has been a stinker about pictures, she will not smile or pose! She was looking so cute this weekend with her hair all up in a "messy bun", but wouldn't let me get a good pic.Another one...trying to get her. I did OK. We have been playing outside....finally!!! And the girls love it. We could spend all day out there and they would be so happy.
Morning snack outside. See Kaylee has a mouth full of goldfish here but I told her to smile....so she is trying, and Emma...well she isn't even looking at me (and she's doing it on purpose).
Taking a bit of a break from outside for a little accessorizing!
I made corn-on-the-cob for the girls for the first time. They did awesome with it and loved it, much better than I had expected.
On Sunday after church we broke out the swimsuits, sprinkler, and swimming pool! Emma does not care how cold the water is.....she will just play and play. She has an ear infection right now and a bad cold, but you wouldn't even know it! She was shivering so much at one point I had to make her stop to warm up in the sun and a towel--her teeth were chattering and she had goose bumps all over.
Mallory joined us in her jumping thingy...and just last year Kaylee was right here....
.....and now look at her. She wasn't too sure of the sprinkler. She hates cold water and just screams when it hits her. BUT---she loves water and will play and play in the pool or a bowl...just as long as she doesn't have to put her whole body in (unless it is nice and warm like the bathtub).
Mallory joined Essence int he pool. We "graduated" to a bit of a bigger pool.
Emma of course loved it!
One last one of Mallory. She is my chunky-monkey! Her personality has really blossomed and changed this past couple of weeks, I love it! She is so silly and loves to dance and talk! Actually.....talk is the wrong word--she yells! I guess she knows that if she wants to be heard she has to be loud! And now that she crawls she is everywhere and doesn't have to get upset when we leave the room. She can just come and find us!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa...Essence looks so much like Jamie!!! Your girls are all adorbs! I'm digging Emma's messy bun...that's on my to 'do (hee hee!) list for when Autumn's hair is a smidge longer. And I'm eyeing Emma's hair from your header picture as well...with the braids going across the top? Darling! I've been trying to think of how to do A's hair for our next family picture and that might have to be it. :)

    ReplyDelete