Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catch Up Time!

Kaylee had her well baby visit for 4 months.....and didn't cry! (until the shots). She cried ALL through her 2 month check up. Her latest stats: 13lbs. 10.6 oz (45%), 24 in. long (53%), and her head is 16.26 in. (55%)
My brother and his family were in town this past weekend so we spent a lot of time with them. We had a few late nights in a row, but both girls were champs through it all. On Sunday we went to Manitou Springs to the Cave of the Winds. That was fun. My brother got the job of holding Emma through the tour. This is tricky because there are a lot of very narrow passage ways, low ceilings, and steep steps! AND---to top it all off, she fell asleep for the last half so he had to carry her through with her dead asleep. Kaylee enjoyed the tour from the Baby Bjorn and took a short nap also.
It was great seeing my brother and his family, it had been a year! I had to go back to work this week. It's not too bad....but I'd rather be with the girls (though it does give me a break!). Josh has been out of town for about 3 weeks now so I have been a single parent....on top of being pregnant, it's exhausting to say the least! So, school is a bit of a break for me. I'm feeling much less tired now though, I'm sure my break helped with that and the fact that I am through the first trimester.
Kaylee is also sleeping through the night!!!! YAY!!!! (maybe she knows her mom NEEDS sleep!) Sometimes she gets up in the early morning (like 5-6:00ish) but than goes back to sleep. She is such a good sleeper at night. Some nights she will go for 12 1/2 hours! Those nights make me nervous so at about 5:00 in the morning I race in to her room just to see she is snoozing away!
We find out in four weeks what we are having. I have no "feelings" this time at all! (maybe that's because some days I don't even think about being pregnant--too busy!). Some days I call it a boy and other days I call it a girl---we will be happy with whatever. This picture has a funny story with it: I had dropped a little food on the floor so Buster was licking it up, well Emma saw that and decided to do it as well...I stopped her of course! (after I took the the pic :) )
Just Chillin'

2 comments:

  1. Wow...your pregnancy is just flying along for me LOL. I'm excited to hear what you're having!

    Your girls are absolutely adorable, Ton. And I'm jealous Kaylee consistently sleeps through the night. Is she nursing much these days?

    I can't imagine doing all the "single" parenting you do. You're a rock star! 2 very small kids and being pregnant? That's a TON of work! I'm constantly amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin! And no....Kaylee is no longer nursing :( A little sad about it (but it does give me a few months off). BUT since we've been done nursing she is no longer fussy and is a much happier baby, I just don't think she was getting enough or it tasted funny to her so she wasn't nursing that well. And now---she is so happy all the time, and I guess that is what matters, right?

    ReplyDelete