Friday, October 23, 2009

10 Months Old.....

OK...so Emma was 10 months old several days ago, but I haven't had the time to sit down and post anything until tonight. I have pictures of course though!
So what is Miss Emma up to at 10 months???
Well......
-She is working on the two bottom teeth on either side of the two bottom middle ones (the I teeth I think?). Anyway---she still doesn't have the top middle ones and all the books say that those come in next, well not with Emma. I think they are close also, but the bottom ones you can see I guess she is breaking the "rules" already.
-She is eating pretty much everything, would just love to feed herself. So during meal time I have to give her some finger food and then try to feed her bites of her baby food between her own bites, otherwise she doesn't eat.
-She knows what NO means and shakes her head. -She waves hi and bye. I love that, when I leave her at daycare or when I am picking her up she starts waving, so cute!
-Still crawling. Can walk along furniture and stuff and can stand on her own, but still doesn't have the confidence to walk. She took a step a couple of weeks ago and realized what she was doing and then fell down to her knees.
-Last night she slept alllllllllll the way through the night. Went down at 6:30 and slept until 5:30 WOW! She usually goes for 7 hours on average.
-She loves to dance to music.That's all I can think of for now. She is growing up too fast! And to think she is only 10 months old and soon she is going to be the big sister!** Funny!
Like all kids, loves the plastic containers!
She can keep up with this walking toy now: Tried to get the hairbrush away from her for a cute pic of her Halloween outfit.... she wasn't having it! But she still looks cute!
Our little dancer: **Yes....Emma will be a big sister in November sometime. We got matched with a birthmother and her due date is November 14th. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with our family right now. It is very hard to wait and to know that the birthmother could change her mind at any time, but so far...everything is going good!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! 10 months already! She's such a cutie! We'll have to get together again here, soon. And what did you mean that she's going to be a big sister soon? Did I miss something?!?! .... :)
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelli! Look at the blog again and you'll see about her being a big sister. I would love to see you and Conner soon....we'll call you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tonya! I didn't know that you were adopting! Congratulations! That is awesome! We'll be praying that all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo excited for you guys and I think Emma will make a great big sister!
    Thanks for sharing the pictures Tonya; I love the chance to see Emma growing up since I can’t be there. Love you all!
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great pictures of little Emma! I love her Halloween outfit -- hope we can get out to see her wearing it! (If this snow ever quits!) Do you have a Halloween party for the kids at your school?

    ReplyDelete